Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More stuff!!!

Well we've gotten more stuff for Zach since the baby shower!

Grandma Trilby sent us a gift card that I used to buy diaper bags. I bought two b/c I read somewhere about having a second bag ready to hand over to baby sitters or whenever. I think that's a great idea. I also got basic black so that Chris can carry it and still retain some masculinity. :)

We got the diaper genie from Aunt Dawn Marie! Man, I was really starting to get worried about that one! It was funny because I got refills for it...but no actual genie! But now my diaper smell worries have been put at ease!

We got a very generous gift card for the BX (military walmart) from my Slater family to use once we get to Alaska...who knows what we'll be needing...but I know we'll be needing stuff...not the least of which will be diapers!!! My Grandma Shirley also got us some other neat gifts like a bottle that graduates to a sippie cup and then to a regular cup! :)

My Mom's coworkers threw a mini shower at work for me. They had cake & punch and got us a gift card for target, clothes, blankets and some mocassins!!

Kathy sent us a DVD of some of the cartoons that Chris liked when he was a kid. She also sent a cross stitch she did that we hung in the nursery.

My Mom continues her campaign to fill my house to the brim with stuff so that we can't walk around. We got some stuff for Zachary that we probably won't use for at least 2-3 years. :)

No comments: