Monday, August 31, 2009

Alaska State Fair

Well Zach and I headed over to the Alaska State Fair. It is held in Palmer, a small town about thirty miles from where we live. Zach and I stayed for several hours. We had a lot of fun and he was on his absolute best behavior. I think we were both so happy because the weather is so nice. It's been raining and overcast for most of the last six weeks. As you can see below, today was an exception. It was about 65 degrees and sunny today.


Here is the view as we are waiting in line. Zach doesn't mind so long as he has something to chew on! Everyone was so impressed by his boots-they all kept commenting on them! There was a couple behind us that brought their two kids in a john deer wagon. It looked very convienent!


As you can see Zach didn't understand that he was supposed to look at the camera.


First stop was a petting zoo. I did take Zach in and he pet a baby lamb but of course I couldn't video that by myself! He didn't care about the animals, he wanted to play with the hay!




We're making the switch to sippie cups this week I hope.





We got some sun. It was so nice outside!






That was our self portrait session...didn't go so well...he was interested only in my sunglasses/pulling my hair.





Blue Bonnet Stage? Huh?




They had about four arts and crafts trailers with all sorts of different hand made things. Pretty neat. They also had livestock and flower exhibits...among many other things. We had some bbq-mislabeled as texas style- and some cotton candy. Zach also had sweet potatos and apple juice, but we brought that. :)






No comments: