Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lovin' Livin' (for real)

Hello all!

Well Chris is in Hawaii but Zach and I are holding down the fort. To be honest, I was a little nervous about Chris leaving...it's like I sometimes feel like pre-Zach Shana...scared of babies...I forget I have a little experience now. :P

Zach is being clingy. Last week he would sit and play for about 30 minutes at a time...and often it just took a change of scenery and he'd do it some more. This week he refuses to sit and play, he stiffens his legs so I can't sit him up, lol. He doesn't care where I put him...bouncer, high chair, play pin, play yard (all things he previously loved)...he fusses until I pick him up. Last night he wailed the entire time I was making dinner...and I even brought his pin right into the kitchen so I could talk to him the whole time, lol. They say all babies got through this stage so I am trying not to worry. I don't want him to be "spoiled" but I sure ain't listening to him cry either. Lol...a fine line...we're taking it one day at a time.

One thing he DOES like is being outside. We got for a walk everyday for about an hour and he is usually pretty content the entire time. Today I woke up hungover so I was worried we wouldn't get our walk. I had three beers by the way. ??? Anyway...I was in a funk and going crazy with all the fussiness...so I decided we were going to spend the ENTIRE day outside, lol. I went to Lowe's and bought some garden stuff. I have NO idea what I am doing mind you. That might explain why I went back three times. I'm not kidding. At least it is only like two miles from the house. >.<

Anyway, he alternated sitting in his stroller and in the grass...he also had a nap...this was when I picked up dog poo. :(

I am a complete novice when it comes to gardening. There was a bunch of stuff in the garden already so I gave it plant food, lossened the soil, put new mulch down and am now hoping it does something. I also put some flowers in where there wasn't anything else. I laid down over 100 bricks (I am still 3 short...) to make room for a bench that I can't afford, lol.

On our walks I had been noticing everyone else had their gardens lined with rocks which looked nice. I wondered where they got them. I found out today...they were all six inches down in the garden area. We are talking some really big rocks...all the way down there...at first I was annoyed...then I realized I could use them to line part of my garden...then it became like digging for gold, lol. I don't think it bodes well for how good the soil is though...oh well...at least I can say I tried if it turns out like crap. I also fed/watered the lawn, lol. It is not looking too good. Hopefully I can revive it!

Well...I bought a hose reel thing only to realize the siding is metal and it cannot be nailed in...so...big hose pot here we come!

Before:


After:


There are flowers on the left side...maybe I will line that side with rocks too.

Zach received a lot of presents this week. Shoes, books, outfits. Thank you Aunt Kelly and Grandma/Grandpa! I will let him model them for you.
Multitaskin'...checking out new shoes AND eating, lol.



Don't worry...he isn't farsighted...
Love to you all!

No comments: