Friday, April 3, 2009

Another day at the doctor!






Zach had his six month appointment yesterday...even though he will be seven months next week. Whatever! Anyway...they schedule like ten babies the same age for the same time so they can give a mass briefing and then they file you in two at a time. While we were waiting I was shocked at the difference between Zach and the other babies. I honestly thought the other parents probably thought I gave him a spoonful of sugar before coming. I mean he is just so active and talking gibberish, lol. And he is longer or leaner than a lot of the babies...the doctor remarked that he actually has a neck which most babies at his age don't have, lol! He weighs over 19 pounds and was a little over 28 inches long!!! What a big boy. It was funny b/c both the tech and the doctor commented separately that Zach was the happiest baby they had seen all day! I was a little embarrassed b/c Zach was REALLY trying to pull out the Doctor's stethoscope, lol. But he said he loves curious babies. It was the same doctor he saw last time and I really like him. He just genuinely likes kids and you can tell. And not in a creepy way!!! As we were leaving and I was talking with Zach he said, "Mom you sure look like you are having a lot of fun at this." And he is right. Zach is lots of fun!!! :)
Here is a picture of him on the table waiting for the doc. That is a baby Pepe La Pu on the wall...the airmen painted all the rooms. They are all really adorable. They also gave him a book about farm animals. He promptly ate it. Also, he is trying to learn to hold his own bottle.
Well, Chris has been working twelve hour shifts. He is still in training too and so basically his work is very tedious. But at least he has a beautiful baby boy to come home too...and usually some good food...and beer!!! :)
I have been breaking up the ice in our driveway...unfortunately we only get a little sun on our driveway at the end of the day so it was NOT going to melt itself, lol. I am proud we are one of the only clean driveways on our side of the street, lol! But every muscle in my hands, wrists, arms and shoulders hurt! Sheesh. I slept really well the last two nights though, ha!
Chris and I are planning on heading home in November. We are going to Texas first and then over to Virginia for Thanksgiving. We have decided all vacations home will be in the winter, lol!
Well, that's all I have...love you all!

No comments: