Sunday, September 27, 2009

Zach goes swimming!

Zach and I made it to Texas! The flight was quite an ordeal, but Zach was on his best behavior...aside from throwing up on me, making my nose bleed and then peeing on me. Maybe I should start from the beginning...

Zach and I boarded to a COMPLETELY full 757. There were a lot of babies on board, Zach turned out to be the quietest believe it or not. He was however the squirmiest. He managed to stay in my lap without much of a fight but he did go back and forth between knees and turning toward and away from me. It was truly a six hour arm workout. There was a well meaning lady across the aisle I was talking to. She wanted to give him a chip. Never go against your instincts! I don't give him chips and now I know why. The child who hasn't thrown up in months threw up on me. On the plane. And guess what? The steward had taken my bag up front b/c there wasn't room in the overhead (I had pulled what I thought were the essentials out into my purse). So his change of clothes were who knows where. I took him to the stupidly small bathroom where we washed his shirt and him...and he went topless for the rest of the flight. This may have been a blessing in disguise b/c he went right to sleep. Maybe he was too hot? He and I were sweating up a storm. I looked around and everyone else is huddled in jackets and blankets! We're definitely from Alaska! They obvioiusly were just visiting. :P As I said, he went to bed shortly after that ordeal. Zach does this thing where he bangs his head against the mattress-or in this case, me-to fall asleep. I don't know how he managed to stay sleepy by pounding his head against my collarbone, but he did. He would have kept sleeping but we landed in Dallas. Am hour, change of clothes, cup of milk and two terminals later we were on the way to Dallas. Luckily that flight was less than halfway full so we had the row to ourselves and we had a good time. I think it was about then that he bonked me (accidentally) on the nose...and all the sudden I felt blood trickling down...another trip to the tiny bathroom! I think it was right about when we were flying over 410 that I felt something hot on my leg. My first cognisant thought REALLY was, "I hope that is pain." Like...my mind didn't want to register what it really was so it skipped over that one for the better option. It was not pain...it was pee. How?! Why?! No one will ever know. In any case we got there, our lugage did too. We trekked through the ridiculous construction and started on our way to our San Antonio home. Zach fell asleep as Papaw was driving us home!
These are pictures on the Dallas flight.

Look at all those teeth! Seven including that one teeny tiny one!

I like this one in black and white. =)


He'd adjusted to his new sleeping arrangement well. We went to Austin Saturday and he slept the entire day away, lol. Today we went swimming for the first time! Zach had to go all the way to Texas to swim...definitely not something that is going to happen in Alaska! He took it like a champ! It was a bit cold b/c it had rained a couple days ago, but it didn'tbother him! He wasn't ALL that impressed, but at least he didn't cry!












No comments: