Sunday, December 21, 2008

Moving!!!

This may be the first post where I don't have any media to put up! Sorry! I promise we will resume to the boring-except-to-mommy videos soon! :)

Tomorrow we are moving into our new house. We've got all of our stuff here at the hotel packed up and we're ready to go! We actually get free daycare for two days to assist us! Isn't that nice? Zach will be down the street (well like a mile down it I think) in another house in our neighborhood...a nice lady named Jennifer wil be watching him. I am trying not to think about it too much. I am going to miss him but I keep telling myself that we've both been really lucky to have been able to spend so much time together...other mommies and sons aren't so lucky. And all of the moving/unpacking will go a lot faster if we can just focus. I want to get the Christmas stuff up too. Luckily the people who are delivering our stuff will also be helping us unpack. The nice people who packed us informed us that we can request an unpacking as well! Heck yeah man! The best thing about that is that they will take the dang boxes with them! It was so awful last time...we weren't allowed to put them on the street so Chris would take one or two a day to the dumpster at work.

I am very excited about all the decorating. I have lots of plans. The first thing I am going to tackle is painting/decorating the small half bath downstairs. That's a good place to get my feet wet since it is really small. Lol. Next will probably be our bedroom. I am thinking of painting it too. You see I can't live in all white walls for four more years. I am OVER WHITE WALLS. Excuse me. Anyway...we have cherry wood furniture in the bedroom...so I am going to make us a headboard, put some sepia photos of our wedding and some shelves w/ candles....I am also stealing this idea from HGTV.com....this woman framed a really sweet card she got from her husband but she did it in this cool way
....yeah, that's going to be in our room too! I just have to figure out what color the walls should be!

I need to find a thrift store b/c I need (want) a table wall, a long table to go against the back of the couch, a small table to put in the entance of the house for us to drop all of our stuff in/on....and other things....

And then there is the wildlife room...so Chris wants our front room to have some Alaska in it...like landscape/wildlife pictures in it...so I need to find some stuff...we already have a picture of horses riding in the sunset so I need to try to find them in the same colors....and I am going to frame some antique-looking maps of Texas/Alaska...and we'll just keep adding as we go. :) I think it will be neat. Once again, HGTV has given me some good ideas from keeping it from looking like a zoo or a taxidermist's office. They do scrimshaw carvings here...I think that will be a nice (although expensive) addition.

I plan on not being able to do any of them for a long time lol. You see my plan is to have everything fully unpacked/put away by Jan 1. Do you think that's going to happen? One can hope!

Thanks to everyone for their cards/gifts/etc and holiday wishes. We sent lots of pictures but kind of skipped Christmas this year on account of time/location/money. I'll make it up next year with super duper calendars. :)

Zach is really trying to laugh nowadays. He does this thing where he sucks in the air and makes this strange noise...in conjunction with a smile. Anytime now!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: