Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend update!

Well, we took the plunge this weekend...the plunge in to registering. Well...what a mess that was!
We started at Target. I want to get things for the cheapest price available! So, I had already created the registry online, I just needed to add items. When I walk in, I tell them this and they point at the machine. Ummm...okay. A while later after they finally stop being lazy we get the scanner and we are ready to go. Well...that started well...then once I finally got to look at everything I felt like there wasn't much of a selection. And they are just completely missing some things. So, I signed up for some things and then left for Babies R Us. They had a MUCH better reception there and it really helped. They also have a large selection, though they may be more pricey.

I wanted Chris to choose the nursery theme...so he went back and forth between animals, sports and Pooh several times. We eventually settled with Patchwork Pooh, not to be confused with Fuzzy Pooh or Classic Pooh. Yes...there are a lot of Poohs. Patchwork Pooh is super cute. Here's a sample of what it looks like:

Please allow me to quote my favorite show Friends: "Actually studies have shown that the movement and colours help their cerebral development... The whimsical characters are just for us. " Truth! Doesn't that picture just make you feel happy and relaxed?

Well, after that was done I went home and got online. Target showed I had registered for nothing! So I reregistered for things...changed it up a bit. (And then of course I look just now...and there is like double of everything.) I also went back and forth between the registry and the suggested lists...and tried to find a happy medium.

Then today Zachary got his very first gift other than things Mom had given me for ANY baby I might have. :) Here is a picture of him "wearing" it:





















Today I didn't feel like my normal talkative self...been a little blue. It is like clockwork for me...if the weather outside is glum...so am I. So...honestly all of those exclamation points up there are sort of fake. But, I am sure tomorrow I will feel better. I just need to look at more Pooh. And not the stuff in diapers!

No comments: