Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gonna go shopping!!

Well this weekend Chris and I are going to head out with a label scanner in hand to register. I've waited until now for one particular reason and that is to make sure he was a he! Now there will be no way to hold me back from shopping!!! :)

Neither one of us have MUCH of a clue as to what we need but my very basic list is as follows:

Changing Pad
Changing Table (yes, I want one!)
Baby bathtub
Stroller
Car seat
Clothes (i.e. footies, onesies, sleep sacks, t-shirts, socks, bootees, hat, etc)
Blankets
Toiletries
Digital Thermometer
Baby washing set (cloths, sponge, soft towels, etc)


Now I also need things like a crib, mattress, bedding, some type of organizer for all the stuff, etc, but those aren't things you register for right?

And what about things I want but don't "need." Can you register for those things too without being rude? For instance...I want one of those travel play crib things...I was at my friends house the other day and this Mom wanted to put her baby down in my friend's very baby unfriendly house so she could crawl and play...and she did but she was worried the whole time...what a great time to have one of those cribs! And also, I want a baby swing b/c everyone tells me they are soooooo worth it. But should I just buy these things or can I register for them? So here is my "other" list that I am not sure if I should register for:

Crib
Mattress
Bedding
Shelves
Small bookcase
Travel crib
Baby swing
Floppy seat
Baby bathrobe (ok, so these ARE the cutest baby things ever!!)

Also, my plan is not to buy or register for a lot of clothes...b/c that is what people like to buy for babies! And I can't blame them! :)

Finally...there are the other unmentionables such as...things needed for breastfeeding. Now...my plan is to try it...and if it works...to do it as long as we both (me and Zachary!) can stand it. So, I wonder if I should wait to buy these things (no way am I registering for them, lol) to see if it all works the way it is supposed to.


***Please give me your suggestions about these items or about any that may be missing? I don't have all you knowledgable women at my doorstep, so I have to get your advice over the internet!!!

No comments: